Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Sweet Southern Bad Boy

Sweet Southern Bad Boy by Michele Summers

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-slick

Slick's Review

Sometimes I’ll admit I judge a book by its cover and Sweet Southern Bad Boy is one of them; I saw the cover and decided it looked like something I’d like, then I read the description and I knew I had to take a chance on this new to me author and I’m so glad I did. There was something endearing about the downtrodden heroine, the intriguing but closed off hero, his adorable nephews and niece, the crazy town folks, and the impossible situation they found themselves in. This book was charming, it was humorous, it was witty and it was sexy and I loved every single minute I spent inside its pages.

Katie McKnight knows she’s found the perfect house for her father’s next mini -series, now she only needs to convince her dad and the man who owns the house and property. Making a deal with NY Times best-selling author Vance Kerner to help with his nephews and niece for the next month as he finishes the third book in his series, seems like a great idea but the more time she spends with Vance the more confused her life seems to get.

There was something magical about the relationship between Katie and Vance and considering they didn’t even get physical until very late in this book. I loved the way Vance appreciated every facet of Katie’s personality and her ability to wrangle the kids into submission with her unusual but effective tactics. Katie’s ability to see past Vance’s manwhorish tendencies and her determination to get to the bottom of his rift with his father, made me love her even more. I also appreciated how much she respected the people of the town and the town itself and while she was there to secure a location for the mini-series, it soon became evident that Katie was beginning to want more out of her life than being at her father’s beck and call.

Sweet Southern Bad Boy was an absolute delight, I laughed so many times, I rejoiced, and I even shed a tear or two, but overall this book was low on drama and high on fun and sexiness and I can’t wait to discover more from author Michelle Summer.

Review copy given with no expectations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Southern Bad Boy.

Started Reading