Melissa F's Reviews > Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later

Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal

Jul 14, 2011

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I was excited to reminisce my childhood by reading this new title. Nothing mind altering new or improved about the books, it was an enjoyable, quick read. Some of my thoughts while reading:

*I did not enjoy the adult themes (infidelity) in the books. Personally, I don't like reading about a topic that I can not relate too.

*Even though the title states 10 years later, I thought the girls would be older. When I read the books as a child, the twins were older than me and now they are the same age as me. I want to age like a book character. :)

*I had always thought that Valley Girl speak was written, like, well...like that. However, in the book the author did not separate out the so, like, and totally to be able to differentiate them from the normal sentence which made for awkward reading.

*I couldn't appreciate the ending where the author summarized what the characters were up to now. I didn't remember half of them. Also, I wonder how many inside story lines I had forgotten that may have been alluded to in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Valley Confidential.