Darcy's Reviews > The Litigators

The Litigators by John Grisham

Jul 14, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, audio-book, mystery

This book surprised me. I wasn't sure how it was going to go at the start as F&F was so sleazy and I didn't want David to go down to their level. The drug case was done so fast and got out of control even faster that I thought David did a great job with it.

I think that his experience with the drug case lead him to realize just what kind of law he wanted to practice. His case with the Nasty Teeth seemed to be more his speed, of course he didn't have the others to corrupt it.

I loved the deal that David laid out at the end to the 2 partners. You knew it wouldn't last, but I think it gave David the confidence he needed to do what he wanted.

I give kudos to David's wife for sticking by him during this whole new path in his career. She put up with a lot and for a while there things didn't look that great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Litigators.

July 14, 2011 – Shelved
November 11, 2011 – Started Reading
November 11, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011
November 11, 2011 – Shelved as: audio-book
November 11, 2011 –
28.0% "For some reason I am finding this one to be funny, the F&F law firm especially!"
November 12, 2011 –
75.0% "The F&F lawyers are so sleezy, I don't know how David can work there."
November 13, 2011 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2012 – Shelved as: mystery

Dawn Normally I do not read reviews while reading but I had to see what you thought! It gives me hope Darcy because I was like oh David what have you done LOL

Darcy At first you have to wonder about David's actions. I have been where he is, hating a job where it affects you physically, so I understood it too.

Dawn True that is how I left my last job...not the whole drunk thing but man is this really my life?? it cannot be..so I was a bartender for a few months while I worked through it LOL

I am at the part where they promised people $500 for a referral and the whole everyone has a gun LOL

Darcy I did something similar. I quit a good job and waitressed for 9 months, then when the boss was pushed out, he was the reason why I left, the company called me back and wanted me to come back. It was nice for those few months to have a "stupid" job.

Some of the things that the lawyers did in this book made me realize why lawyers get a bad name. lol