Lucia's Reviews > Falling for the Best Man

Falling for the Best Man by Amanda Ashby

Clean and relatively light hearted small town, opposites attract, second chance romance

Falling for the Best Man by Amanda Ashby is my first read by this author but won’t be my last as I really enjoyed this relatively clean and light hearted small town, opposites attract, second chance romance.

Told from dual perspectives, Emmy and Christopher appear as complete opposites but when put together they have an incredible chemistry and compliment each other nicely. Emmy, a wedding planner determined to keep her family’s farm going in her small town, and Christopher, a travel writer always looking for his next adventure in some remote place, are thrown together in a wedding when a disaster beforehand forces them into close living quarters. Watching them re-establish their relationship, which previously was an intense two night fling two years ago at a friend’s christening, is intriguing, especially with understanding the roots of their actions. While things heat up between the two, the book isn’t explicit, more fact/suggestive. Also, I loved Emmy’s sister, Bec, and her relationship with Emmy, helping bring out a different side to Emmy that you don’t instantly see.

Falling for the Best Man is well written with a good steady pace and flow. Despite the book being set over a short period, the book was steadily paced in terms of the relationship development, something that was also helped along given their brief history. The book can be read as a standalone read as all things are tied up for Christopher and Emmy (but also clearly sets up further books about Emmy’s siblings). I absolutely loved the ending as it was completely perfect for the Christopher and Emmy before seeing their HEA.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet romance and would definitely recommend it!

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for the Best Man.

December 19, 2016 – Started Reading