Nadia's Reviews > Rock Chick Reawakening

Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: best-hero-ever, took-me-by-surprise, this-is-gooood

I'm a KA hater, but this wasn't so bad. It was actually good, to be honest. Like heavily watered down KA, which in my book is always a good thing.
The writing was still sometimes repetitive to the point of being confusing, and the heroine's fashion sense was still questionable, but what I appreciated the most was definitely how reasonably alpha Marcus was. AND THAT SAYS A LOT, again, considering who wrote it.
I really liked Marcus. He was sweet and patient and not prone to mansplaining, and I think he might be my favorite hero in this series (after Ren ofc, Ren, my heart will always belong to you).
But I do have one question, did every single character from the whole series had to make a cameo? Was it really necessary?

Surprisingly enjoyable. Who knew.

_______________________________________________
Baaaah I am weak I swore I'll stay away from KA but I am weak

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Chick Reawakening.

December 24, 2016 – Shelved
December 24, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 4, 2017 – Started Reading
January 4, 2017 –
38.0% "To be honest, I don't know why he's acting so insulted by her insinuation that he'll use her and once he bores she'll be discarded. It's what he did with other women too :/"
January 4, 2017 –
41.0% ""And like every girl who knew good hair knew, you didn’t wash it every day and with every day you didn’t wash it, the natural product God gave you made it look better and better."

The first part of this statement is true, but the last part is not, confirmed by every person with hair ever."
January 4, 2017 –
47.0% "Oh my god that outfit\n\n\nI wish I could un-read that."
January 4, 2017 –
74.0% "Goddamn it I can't hate this book when he's being so freakin sweet and thoughtful completely the opposite from every KA hero I've read so far goddamn it"
January 4, 2017 – Shelved as: best-hero-ever
January 4, 2017 – Shelved as: took-me-by-surprise
January 4, 2017 – Shelved as: this-is-gooood
January 4, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Quirky Omega Hahahah. So fab Nadia, so fab. I am itching to get my hands on this one.

Nadia hahahah yeah I think you might like it.