Tonya's Reviews > Allison Hewitt Is Trapped

Allison Hewitt Is Trapped by Madeleine Roux

Jul 13, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: apocalypse, zombies
Read 2 times. Last read July 13, 2011 to July 19, 2011.

What can I say about a book that started as a blog and continued on into publication as if the main character was writing said blog? Not much good.

I did not like Allison, I did not like her ideas, and I did not like her whining about wanting her Mommy then snarking about a man (Phil) wanting his wife and children. Allison was too much of a (w)itch to make me like her or her plight. She wasn’t hard enough to pull it off, I never believed her as a real person and I couldn’t get over her attitude of ‘I’ll be the hero because no one else will.’ She also lost many points when she had information and withheld it from the group because she was so freaking selfish yet complained when anyone even mentioned doing something for themselves (think previous apartment tenant and radio).

I also can’t understand why in a part of the book someone dies due to zombie squirrel attack and then throughout the remainder of the book we have no concern of animals. Either animals can become zombies and we are all screwed or they can’t and we’ll all be ok. Make up your mind!

We can’t forget the, now required in all zombie books, mad hatter group of crazies that start like a clique then become a cult.

I didn’t hate this book, but I didn’t like it a whole lot either. I found it juvenile and the character unbelievable; I could never quite bring myself to cheer her on, only those that had the unfortunate job of helping her on her mad dash across the country to try to find her Mommy. Urgh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Allison Hewitt Is Trapped.

Finished Reading
July 14, 2011 –
page 44
July 16, 2011 –
page 44
12.94% "this re-read's on hiatis till I zoom through some new books :)"
July 18, 2011 –