mina's Reviews > The Wise Man's Fear

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Dec 22, 2016

Warning: there might be spoilers, depends on how you look at them.

I guess with the hype of Lin Manuel Miranda producing the Kingkiller Chronicle movie/TV-series/musicals, there will be more people reading this awesomely beautiful series. After all, there are only 2 books released out of 3 planned, so you are not too far behind if you have just started reading Book 1.

This book might be a little too thick, and the bit in Ademre is quite boring before the stone trial, but I like every part of it, EXCEPT the Felurian episode. Why Rothfuss dedicated so many pages on love scenes with the Felurian is beyond me.

Kvothe is more daring here, yet more popular. He spent his time faraway from the University after the trial regarding his incident with Ambrose in Book 1, traveling to many places, achieving more skills in martial arts, name calling, and some other worldly skill with women (not with the boring Denna, of course).

At the end of the book, though, we still don't know why Kvothe is now powerless and broken. Is book 3 going to be enough to tell the rest of the story?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wise Man's Fear.

Started Reading