Jackson's Reviews > Green Rider

Green Rider by Kristen Britain

While looking for my next great epic fantasy read I came across Kristen Britain's Green Rider series! Again, a great book I found when I wasn't even looking. Green Rider is the first book in the series and I should've known that I would love this book because of three things. First, the series follows a woman named Karigan G'ladheon. Second, there's action and I'm not talking about a few sword fights but life and death type of situations. (fyi, there's no such thing as too much action) And third, there's magic involved!

The Green Rider is an an excellent book if you're looking to follow a woman through a perilous journey she didn't ask to take. Britain does a great job of creating a female character who acknowledges her faults but still perseveres through the face of danger. Though I was looking for my next epic fantasy when discovering Green Rider, I wouldn't classy this first book as high fantasy or what I refer to as epic fantasy like The Lord of the Rings or the Sword of Truth series, which was the type of book I was looking for. This book was lighter in its mood and simpler in writing.

No matter what type of genre/style you're looking for in your next book, I definitely recommend checking out Green Rider by Kristen Britain!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Rider.

December 22, 2016 – Shelved