Ms. Ali Cat's Reviews > The 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami: The Story of the Deadliest Natural Disaster of the 21st Century

The 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami by Charles River Editors

Dec 21, 2016

bookshelves: 2017, genre-nonfiction, genre-tragic-or-tragedy, genre-history

I picked this up from Amazon when it was on free promotion to feed my morbid fascination for human misery. That is sad self statement--yet true; stories of this sort reaffirm the idea that hope may persevere tragic times. Why I need the reminder probably says something ‘tragic’ about myself.

I like the Charles River Editors books a great deal for the context and information presented in each of their topical documentaries. The 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami report briefly covers the events of the Boxing Day disaster that killed over 300,000 people who were along the shores of the Indian Ocean. The poignant recounting of loss from those who were witnesses and victims is respectfully treated. The collation of the personal stories woven together allowing the reader to get an integrated sense of the events.

Although very short in length it contains first hand accounts, photos, historical significance, and statistics that bring that day into factual clarity for the reader. Reference materials are cited for verification of events.

Other Charles River Editors books recommendations
Hurricane Katrina The Story of the Most Destructive Hurricane in American History by Charles River Editors Boko Haram The History of Africa’s Most Notorious Terrorist Group by Charles River Editors The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria The History of ISIS/ISIL by Charles River Editors

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami.