Melanie's Reviews > Falling for the Best Man

Falling for the Best Man by Amanda Ashby

Dec 21, 2016

I knew right away that I was going to enjoy this book. The way that Amanda Ashby writes is so down to earth and she makes you feel like you are a part of the story as it unfolds. I got sucked into this one and could not put it down until I was done. The best part about this is that it is a series and we get more!! Yay!

Emmy is bound and determined to save The Wishing Bridge Farm that she and her sisters have inherited, even if her sisters have no interest in the farm at all. Emmy is trying to turn the farm into a place where people want to have their wedding and she finally has the first wedding scheduled and is trying her hardest to make everything go perfectly when there is a mishap with the plumbing at the main house where everyone is supposed to be staying. Emmy has relocated everyone but the best man and has offered for him to stay with her, not having even meet the best man yet.

Emmy goes to the airport to pick up the best man and when she runs into an old flame from the one and only time she visited New York, she is shocked and tries to avoid him at all cost, but he spots her and calls to her. When Christopher quickly figures out that Emmy is the wedding planner, they can't believe their luck. Christopher is still aggravated with Emmy because she stood him up in New York and he figured they would never see each other again.

Christopher made the mistake of telling Emmy that he was going to look for a fake fiance while he was at the wedding event so that he can make his producers happy and that was the wrong thing to tell Emmy since she knew how he was. Emmy was out to make sure that Christopher did not ruin her first wedding event. As things progress and Emmy and Christopher spend more and more time together, they become closer and closer. Emmy finally tells Christopher the real reason she had to go back early and stood him up. They decide to have one night together and just make it one night. Will they be able to keep it at one night once they get a taste of each other?

The way that Christopher changes and matures throughout this story was neat to watch. Emmy grew as well but these two really were a great match. I fell in love with them both quickly and was sad to see their story come to an end but hopefully we will get to see a little more of them in the sequel books in the Sisters of Wishing Bridge Farm. Very well done Amanda Ashby! I can't wait for more!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for the Best Man.

Started Reading