Emily's Reviews > A Minor Happy Ending

A Minor Happy Ending by Shaan Ranae

I absolutely loved this story.

The protagonist, Dyllan, is a refreshingly spunky and independent young woman.
At the start of the story Dyllan is already in a relationship with Nick, the sweet guy from the right side of the tracks. However, then Dyllan is introduced to Jace, the hot as hell bad boy who she just knows is gonna be bad for her but can't help herself! And who can blame her? Jace is strong, a little damaged but endearing because of it. He's protective and romantic, and loves the very ones of Dyllan.

Their love story is heartbreaking as Jace's own sad story is unraveled, damaging their lives and their relationship. There's a twist that is skill fully woven into the tail I did not see coming. I won't spoil it but it's a good one! Sending their beautiful love into a tailspin.
I was championing their relationship from the start. It's a tale of love, jealousy, angst and heartbreak!
Their love is all consuming and external influences mean they must fight for it every step of the way! For me as a reader, this had me on the edge of my seat, and not to spoil the story, the end is satisfying *expel that held breath* swoon!
There were times I was struggling to swallow down the emotions this book arose in me.

All in all, A Minor Happy Ending is, without a shadow of a doubt, a 5 STAR read!
I would recommend this book to all readers with a preference for a gritty, enthralling and real love story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Minor Happy Ending.

Finished Reading