Ifeyinwa's Reviews > What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky

What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah

bookshelves: favorites

As Nakia said, "the first story went off like a firecracker out the gate." And, this collection of short stories ended with a bang! In this book, no two short stories are like the other in terms of plot, pace or tone. This collection is not only a testament of Lesley's writing prowess but a display of her ingenuity.

Also, Lesley's writing pulled me all the way in! It said, "Girl, lean in. No, a little closer. Closer." Her words sucked me right in & made me feel everything that her characters felt. Short story collections can be hard to rate but my review is really driven by the state of awe in which this book left me.

I'm SO excited to see where Lesley Nneka Arimah goes from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky.

December 21, 2016 – Shelved
December 21, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 5, 2017 – Started Reading
June 5, 2017 –
page 9
3.88% "I'm only one story in, but I can already tell that I will read this book more than once until the words are permanently etched in my memory."
June 12, 2017 – Finished Reading
June 13, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Darkowaa So dramatic LOL! I can't wait to get to this soon. I paid FULL price- it better be good.

Ifeyinwa LOL. It's such an impressive read so far!! Not all the stories are on the same level but she writes SO well!

Nakia Omg, thanks for quoting me :) I loved this collection so much. Glad you enjoyed it, too

Ifeyinwa Nakia wrote: "Omg, thanks for quoting me :) I loved this collection so much. Glad you enjoyed it, too"

That line in your review was such an apt description! I'm so glad I have my own copy!

Ifeyinwa Darkowaa wrote: "So dramatic LOL! I can't wait to get to this soon. I paid FULL price- it better be good."

Looks like you ended up loving this *wink*