Jude's Reviews > Tris & Izzie

Jul 12, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: 00-dnf

*Using the Melody of Friday by Rebecca Black*
Its Tris and Izzie, Gotta get down with Izzie. Gotta make your mind up, which boy will you taaaaake? Well, the one that's mentioned in the cover you stupid.
I'm not trying hate here, but I am going to be honest. Here I go:

Reading Tris and Izzie was like listening to Rebecca Black's Friday, I was constantly stopping and asking myself, seriously? this is for real? I mean, seriously?? There were scenes that I guess were meant to be scary and to get my heart racing, but all I kept thinking was that it was so so so... stupid. I know it's harsh, but it really came out as dumb.

I thought the characters were inconsistent and Izzie was just very irrational and selfish. All I wanted to yell at Izzie was to stop!

The novel circled around the good subject of Love and it tried to portray good points about what Love is, but I just think that it wasn't executed properly, because I really did saw potential, I strongly think that if the author had written the book in a slightly different way and probably re-invented Izzie, the novel could have reached a much higher level. Sadly, this was not the case, and the real result was a crappy novel.

Thanks to Netgalley I saved a few dollars, since the cover is so gorgeous, I'm sure I would have bought it without thinking.

Took me Forever to read it. I guess that if you liked Friday by Rebecca Black, this is for you. If not then.... just don't get close to it O.O

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tris & Izzie.

July 12, 2011 – Shelved
July 24, 2011 –
page 30
July 24, 2011 –
page 30
11.03% "Tris is pissing me off >.<"
July 25, 2011 –
page 67
July 27, 2011 –
page 67
24.63% "I'm Quoting a wise blogger here: "this book is just... stupid." it was not for this book but it applies. Wise Blogger: Laura. http://laurakatewriting.blogspot.com/"
August 4, 2011 –
page 130
August 28, 2011 – Finished Reading
January 16, 2018 – Shelved as: 00-dnf

Thalia Is it any good so far?

message 2: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude I just started it so I don't really know the plot yet. I'll let you know though!

message 3: by Deevya (new)

Deevya Rajandran jude who is the winner for the 6 months giveaway contest?

message 4: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude I'm closing the contest today and then I'll contact the winner. Once he/she replies I'll intermediately tell the group members :))

message 5: by Dija (new)

Dija How are you liking it? I'm thinking of reading it based solely on the gorgeous cover, LOL.

Celeste Hey Jude, what are you thinking of it so far? To be honest, I hated it!

message 7: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude Celeste wrote: "Hey Jude, what are you thinking of it so far? To be honest, I hated it!"

to be honest I do too xD! its so... dumb, I'm almost done but I can't seem to make it to the ending D:

message 8: by Celeste (last edited Aug 28, 2011 12:16PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Celeste IKR! I was looking forward to it and then it turned out to be such an epic fail. (I already ranted on it with some strong language on my review). What a waste of a perfectly gorgeous cover.

Thalia Oh, no. D: I was so looking forward to read it; I have it on a couple reading challenge lists, so I'll end up reading it. I look forward to reading your review, Jude!

aria [dear darling reader] Oh no!
Its a one!

message 11: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Oh no!
Its a one!"

One star? Definitely -.-

Christina (A Reader of Fictions) I really like Harrison's Princess series, but I also thought this was truly atrocious.

message 13: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude Christina (A Reader of Fictions) wrote: "I really like Harrison's Princess series, but I also thought this was truly atrocious."

So that means it's safe to mark them as To-Reads x)? I liked how the plot sounded but when I saw the author I decided it wouldn't be worth it :/

Thalia Coming back to this just to say UGH. Holy cowwww that was horrendous.

I was totally upset, because I'm such an Arthurian fangirl. Tristan and Iseult is one of my favorite romances. And we took a tally--the word "magic" was in there like, a hundred and sixty-eight times. @_@

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude Thalia wrote: "Coming back to this just to say UGH. Holy cowwww that was horrendous.

lol! in your previous comment here you didn't want to read it! aww sad you really didn't like it.

Love square xD couldn't have said it better.

message 16: by Thalia (last edited Jul 25, 2012 08:36PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Thalia But I mean really? (view spoiler)

I'm face palming just remembering it!

message 17: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude LOL! That's funny now. At the time when I was reading it I was just with my potato face O_______O

I didn't want to continue reading it,

it was a miracle it didn't end a DNF.

Thalia If you remember, at the end of it, how (view spoiler)

Sometimes, when I'm with my best friend, who also read it, one of us will just look into the distance and be like, "You can do it" and then continue with whatever we're doing.

message 19: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude Now I'll get all giggly when I stare into space x)

But we did it Thalia, we managed to read the book :P

Thalia Seriously. I think we need some kind of award for that. I'd heard so many good things about her other books, and this was just...I was glad she did her research by reading the original novel about Tristan, but man.

I love when you read the back of the book and it's all like, "Harrison always wanted to write a love triangle, and this is where she got her inspiration" and I'm like, 'Wait, there was a love triangle?'

I just. OTL.

message 21: by Jude (new) - rated it 1 star

Jude I never saw the back cover, it was an e-book :/ I'll look for it the next time I go to the store and get a good laugh :3