Rebecca Markus's Reviews > Legend of the Coco Palms Resort

Legend of the Coco Palms Resort by Rita D'Orazio

I received a complementary copy of this book from the author.

Legend of the Coco Palms Resort is a romance and a mystery and a vacation all in one. Rita D'Orazio's excellent writing took me back to Hawaii and reminded me of all the little reasons I loved being there.

Abby is a New York lawyer who's been sent to the island of Kauai to manage a real estate deal for a non-native buyer. But the Coco Palms Resort doesn't want to be bought any more than the islanders want to see it turned into high-rise condos. Mysterious things happen every time Abby gets close. And her extended stay on the island begins to soften her rigid New York attitude.

There is an easy mixture of mystery and romance here. Neither element feels forced into the other. I found myself unable to put it down for wanting to know what happens next.

If you love mystery, if you love romance, or if you love the islands, I suggest you give this book a go. It's an especially good pick-me-up for those of us just heading into a cold, snowy winter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend of the Coco Palms Resort.

Started Reading
December 20, 2016 – Shelved
December 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat we have visited Kauai 3 times over 7 years from the UK, and done the tour of the Coco Palms twice to learn the history , the tour guide told me about this book and another by the same Author called Murder with Aloha at the Coco Palm , which i have not read, i love this book i could not put it down , it reminded me of all the Beautiful places on Kauai we have visited and the Island we love so much, we had our 42 year Marrige blessed at the coco Palms by Uncle Larry who worked and sung at the CCP in its hey day while on a tour in December 2017 which was very special, this island is so special we retook our vows on the beach at the Aston Islander in 2015,and before anybody pulls me up on spelling and puntuation i have difficulty with this as i am dyslexsic, this is a very easy book for me to read and enjoy it kept me hooked all the way through to the end, i just hope there is a part two to continue the story.