Grace's Reviews > Fables, Vol. 15: Rose Red

Fables, Vol. 15 by Bill Willingham

The absolute best part of the newest volume from the always-riveting Fables world was, at least to me by far, the story of Snow White and Rose Red / Snow White. As a long time aficionado of fairy tales, I was familiar of course with both the well-known story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and also the lesser known fairy tale of Snow White and Rose Red. And like many others have I'm sure, I also wondered about the same name being used in two very different stories. Well, Willingham finds a way to tell the story of Fabletown's Snow White and tie together both classic fairy tales in a completely unique way that absolutely works.

Although the main story line with Mister Dark and his obsession with earth threatening the Fables seems to be wearing a bit thin to me, (Ever since the Great War ended, it seems the plot is grasping at straws) this series continues to provide ample fascination and creative twists. The larger story may be bland, but each volume includes small tales, such as that of Snow White's / Rose Red's back story, the Farm Fables, etc. that keep me reading and greatly enjoying.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fables, Vol. 15.

Started Reading