Melanie's Reviews > Waterfall

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Jul 12, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, want-to-reread
Recommended for: Everyone!

'Waterfall' is the first book in 'The River of Time Series' and the first book that I've read by Lisa T. Bergren.

Since Gabi and Lia spend every summer in Italy, they find themselves bored at yet another archaeologist site. But when Gabi and her sister place their hand on a set of hand prints in an ancient tomb Gabi finds herself transported to another time...Literally! Fourteenth-century Italy during a battle between knights.

Gabi finds herself having to adjust to this strange and dated way of living. Women always wearing dresses; having to eat with a knife; no plumbing, machinery, electricity, or cell phones! And worst of all, she doesn't know where her sister, Lia, is - in this century, her own time, or somewhere in between.

I enjoyed 'Waterfall' much more than I had anticipated. It was filled with suspense and many times I had to force myself to stop reading! I felt like I was reading Gabi's thoughts, because every page was either what she was thinking or what was happening around her.

'Waterfall' was a quick and easy read. I found myself often reading so fast and skipping down pages, that I had to back up and reread the entire page! It was that good!

I liked many of the characters in 'Waterfall' especially Gabi, Lia, Marcello, and Luca. There were some I didn't like, as can be expected, because they were evil and cruel.

The way 'Waterfall' ended has made me really want to read 'Cascade'! I hope that I will be able to read that book soon! I recommend 'Waterfall' if you enjoy reading a good romance/suspenseful book with a fantasy twist!

*Many thanks to David C. Cook for providing me a complimentary copy for my review. I was not required to give a positive review. The opinions I've expressed are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waterfall.

Quotes Melanie Liked

Lisa Tawn Bergren
“How good it felt, to do some good, here and there. Perhaps this was what it meant to be an adult. To grab the opportunity at hand, make the most of the day, regardless of what it looked like.”
Lisa Tawn Bergren, Waterfall

Lisa Tawn Bergren
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but the decision that something is more important than fear.”
Lisa Tawn Bergren, Waterfall

page 179
July 30, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 5, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites
November 9, 2013 – Shelved as: want-to-reread

Wall-to-wall books - wendy I have heard a lot about this book! Getting great ratings.

Jenny it's really awesome