Donita Luz's Reviews > Smart Girls Get What They Want

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

liked it
bookshelves: 2016-read, contemporary, friend-recommendation, highschool, romance, young-adult

This was such a sweet, frustrating at some point(I'm looking at you Gigi) but still an enjoyable book that reminds me of how much I took my high school life for granted.

Reading about Gigi, Bea and Neerja's high school life is making me super jealous. I love how this 3 smart friends are unaware of how unpopular they are in their school. They are clueless and innocent and adorable I would totally love to be on their circle of friends.

Smart girls get what they want is not only about 3 girls conquering high school. It also involves friendships, relationships and dating, importance of family support and sorting out your priorities. It was refreshing really.

What I hoped is that the book should have had a different POV for Bea and Neerja as well because the book was solely told on Gigi's POV so we get to know her better. I was kinda hoping that there might be a separate book for Neerja and Bea's as well because, how awesome would that be right? I guess we can't everything we could ask for.

Overall, this book, although not an easy read(for me), is an enjoyable one. I totally recommend this book to everyone to help you look back on the things you did back in high school. I hope that everyone had an amazing High school life just like Gigi, Bea and Neerja had.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smart Girls Get What They Want.

December 18, 2016 – Shelved
December 20, 2016 – Shelved as: friend-recommendation
December 20, 2016 – Shelved as: highschool
December 20, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
December 20, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Perfect review, Donita! I'm glad you still enjoyed it! hehe. I do agree with you on the POV. Alternating would have made it better. <3