Ashley Chen's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two by John Tiffany

Dec 22, 2016

A diluted but readable companion to the actual series.

The "book" being a script is perfect for people who wants a quick "reminder" of the magic of Harry Potter. However, it was not on the same level as the original as it lacked details and richness.

The biggest flaw of the story is the simplicity of the plot. The authors had the difficult task of developing the characters we loved dearly and at the same time write in an adventure. However, I don't think that is an valid excuse to make the plot so dull.

I enjoyed seeing the characters who I've loved all grown-up. However I felt the book rushed the development of these characters. The problems they encountered and how they dealt with them were a bit simplistic. I guess I was spoiled by JK's amazing character development that I felt a little disappointed with the lack of depth of the mature cast. However I did enjoy the younger characters within the book, especially Scorpius.

Overall, I enjoyed how quick this read was, and recommend this book even if it is not the same as the original.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two.

December 18, 2016 – Started Reading