Mickey Reed's Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

bookshelves: 2011, audio
Recommended for: YA fans

While this book reminded me of Memento, it is a unique take on a YA novel. London Lane cannot remember anything from her past because her mind resets at 4:33 am every day. She takes notes to remind herself of the important things, to keep track of her life. Then Luke enters her life, and things get a little mixed up. See, she does have memories, but they're of the future - and Luke isn't part of it. Or is he?

This novel is complex and very interesting. It isn't overdone, and it explains along the way. Luke is tenacious and persistent (and romantic.. swoon!!), London struggles but makes her way, and they try to change the bad future events. She's so understanding for a teenager. And her mother.. I can't even imagine how it would be to be in her position. I really loved this story and how it is told. Very much recommended.

However, if she used 'expectantly' one more time, I might have yelled. Either way, I enjoyed this one a whole lot!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.

July 12, 2011 – Started Reading
July 12, 2011 – Shelved
July 12, 2011 –
33.0% "Really loving this!"
July 12, 2011 –
page 85
27.96% "I thought I would finish this today but maybe not. Very good!!"
July 12, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011
July 12, 2011 – Shelved as: audio
July 12, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill I had a word problem with a book I just finished too. I swear to god, do authors even reread their books once they're done?

Mickey Reed Haha yeah, I think that too sometimes!