Jackson's Reviews > Damsel Under Stress

Damsel Under Stress by Shanna Swendson

liked it

I came across the Enchanted Inc. series by Shanna Swendson because the title was really cute and I was looking for a fairy tale-esque story.

Swendson's Enchanted, Inc. series is a cute, light and fun magical romance series that follows Katie Chandler who is immune to magic. Her immunity makes her an asset to the corporation that maintains order in the magical community. Add in a blushing hottie named Owen, the one and only Merlin as your boss and an evil former employee who really isn't evil, and chaos is sure to follow.
As I am only three books into the series, I gave Damsel Under Stress a 3.5 out of 5.

This book is a fun light read, but I kept wanting more. Reading scenes that were funny I smiled but never laughed and in the more serious scenes there still was always a lightness to them. The mood in Damsel Under Stress and the previous books always stays in a happy medium and because of this stable mood throughout the books I was always left wanting more and not necessarily in a good way.

I do recommend the Enchanted, Inc. series to anyone looking for a light magical romance story! I quickly consumed the first two books,Enchanted, Inc. and Once Upon Stilettos! If you're a quick reader you will have no problem consuming at least the first two books in one day. I will definitely be finishing this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Damsel Under Stress.

December 18, 2016 – Started Reading
December 18, 2016 – Shelved
December 18, 2016 –
page 21
6.86% "My weekend has been filled with these books! Keep an eye out for a quick review before Christmas!"
December 20, 2016 –