Thom Swennes's Reviews > Don't Stand too close to a Naked Man

Don't Stand too close to a Naked Man by Tim  Allen

Jul 12, 2011

liked it
Read from July 12 to 16, 2011

When I came across this book in the bookstore, I was surprised. I knew Tim Allen from his Home Improvement series and became an instant fan of the grunting and occasionally inapt “do-it-yourself” guru, Tim (the tool man) Taylor. I was mildly surprised that he could write. I was really surprised that he seemed to have actually written a book. That was all the excuse I needed to add Don’t Stand too Close to a Naked Man to my growing pile of purchases.
From the first paragraph I could hear, the now familiar voice of Tim Allen, echoing in my ears. The book started at the logical point; the beginning (so far so good). What’s in a name started a trip of bumps and curves with an occasional chuckle. By the fourth chapter (The Eddy Haskell Syndrome) the chuckle increased to laughter as he recalled his childhood and sometimes seemed like he was retelling mine.
The Wonderful World of Guys, Women Are People, Too, Wives Are Women, Too, Men’s Zone, More Power, Masculinism, The Secretes Men Never Tell Women and The Family Man form a humorous text/self-help libretto that would see me erupting (occasionally) in a gut-wrenching laugh. The book is a must for men (especially for those who feel misunderstood by their feminine counterpart) and a maybe for women (as it may hit a little too close to home).
Tim Allen has proved (to me) once again that he is a man of many talents and I would rush to the store if I ever hear he has written another book. I gave this book three stars but debated with myself for a long time before reaching this decision. I love Tim Allen’s macho sense of humor but realize that I might be in the minority.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Stand too close to a Naked Man.

09/13/2017 marked as: read