Teresa's Reviews > Malachim

Malachim by Naima Simone

20600872

*I received a copy of Secrets and Sins: Malachim from Entangled Ignite Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Secrets and Sins: Malachim by Naima Simone is the second book of the series. I read this book as a stand alone and haven't read the other three books (Gabriel, Raphael and Chayot). I was able to read this book with no problems.

Malachim Jerrod is fighting to save his law practice from none other but the man that he considered his father. However, he's also been betrayed by his former fiance because of this he's a bit reluctant to let anyone else in his life. But when he meets Danielle Warren who applied for a paralegal job, he might just change his mind. The only thing is he hates secrets and he knows that she is hiding something. Little does he know that she's not only has a huge secret but she's only the run from her abusive ex-husband. Will they be able to trust each other despite their issues and will their relationship survive ?

Danielle Warren aka Elena Rainier is on the run from her ex-husband whose rules almost killed her with his abuse. They met while at law school but he never revealed his anger until he'd taken over his life. She was able to get away with the help of group who gave her a new identity. She's now in Boston working in a diner but her heart yearns to return to law again. Malachim gives her the job but when she's mugged and then he's severely beaten, she wonders if her ex has found her. Will they be able to catch their attackers or will they lose the battle with their lives? I did love Malachim's mother for her spunk and bravery when the truth is revealed. But its the spirit of Danielle to fight back and survive against her ex-husband that shows you can survive against all odds.

There is a twist at the end that will have you wondering huh?? So I do agree with a couple of other reviewers, so I'd give the book 3.8 stars because that twist just doesn't fit the story. However, the book is good and I enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malachim.

December 17, 2016 – Shelved