Amanda's Reviews > A Honeyed Light

A Honeyed Light by Freddie Milano

bookshelves: arc, books-i-own, contemporary, m-m-romance, series, paranormal

A Honeyed Light is a sweet multicultural romance. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to start a new romance series.

This is an engaging and emotional story. Kunal and Oscar are really brought to life. Their personalities shine through from both introspection and action. It’s also refreshing to find a book showing gay romance through a different cultural perspective.

The focus of this book is the budding romance between Kunal and Oscar as well as Kunal’s struggles around coming out to his traditional family. There are hints at a paranormal plot, but it’s in the background. I would expect that the next book will focus more on that sub-plot.

Although there is a sexually explicit scene, this is not a highly sexual book. I wouldn’t recommend it to someone looking for an erotic story.

My one complaint about this book is that there’s no indication that it’s part one of a series. So I was disappointed to get to the end and see that certain plot points weren’t going to be resolved in this book. I highly recommend this book as part of a series but not as much as a standalone story.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book, and I’m looking forward to the next one.

*I received a free copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Honeyed Light.

December 14, 2016 – Started Reading