5ngela's Reviews > Murder In Paradise

Murder In Paradise by Greg  Wilson

liked it

Actually Murder In Paradise is not typically novel that I read. It just that for once in a while, I want to read other genre that I am not usually read. Unfortunately this book fail to satisfy me. Or maybe I just have too high expectation.

Basically, murder in Paradise is about a group of people that join TV program to get money. They are not supposed to know each other. But some of them know each other and not in a good way. One by one, they get murdered by killer or psychopath. At first I thought this story is about romance with crime mystery was thrown in the mix. But it looks like I am not really right. It was half neither. You are not satisfy with non existent romance and still not tense enough with the thriller. I don't even know who are the targeted readers for this story. Not to mention, there are too many characters. I don't even know who are who. You can interchange one with another. Basically most of them are two dimensional characters. The interaction between characters doesn't help. I don't even know who is the protagonist. I only know who is the main antagonist which is the killer. But if I have to choose between characters, it was Steve, Andrew, and Stephanie is the one who get my attention. Surprisingly one of them will die at the end despite I though he/she is an interesting one.

The story begin slowly and quite boring. You just read it just for the sake of reading. At one point you just simply doesn't care what will happen next. You just want to finish it. Not even the climax can aroused your attention anymore. It was too long for simple story. The ending doesn't make sense. Or maybe I just don't like it. Doesn't leave any impact. Still I give this 3 star rating instead of 2 because I believe it was good story but just not for me. Doesn't leave bad taste also help. I cannot recommend this story because I don't know who is the targeted reader not because this is bad story.
You can try if you think you may like it because I certainly do.

Rating : 3 of 5

www.sharing55tories.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder In Paradise.