♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Pretty Face

Pretty Face by Lucy  Parker

bookshelves: favorites

4.5 Stars

After reading and loving Act Like It, I was thrilled to get my hands on Pretty Face and it was everything I hoped for! Lucy Parker excels at writing witty, fun dialogue and banter, with British-isms like “snogging, kerfuffle, whinge, and arse-over-tits”; the last has to be my favorite, lol!

The relationship between Luc and Lily was sexy and fun, and full of emotion and chemistry! Ms. Parker made Luc and Lily come to life, writing them with insecurities and faults, but each with a pureness of heart that made you love them even when they screwed up. I laughed, cried, (just a tear or two; don’t judge, I find I’m getting more emotional as the years go by!) and my heart welled with happiness when I finished. I can’t wait for the next lovely Lucy Parker story!

A copy was kindly provided by Carina Press via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This review is also posted at The Readers Den.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Face.

December 15, 2016 – Shelved
December 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 18, 2017 – Started Reading
February 19, 2017 –
7.0% "Knew there was something up with the service. Ouch for Lily."
February 19, 2017 –
8.0% ""it's a lost art, condescension. Most workplaces are so PC these days that you just don't get patronised in quite the same way."
This time, both of his eyebrows came up. If he wasn't careful, he was going to have an actual expression soon.-Lol!"
February 21, 2017 –
45.0% "Loving this!"
February 23, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
February 23, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex sounds like a good book

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa What a pretty cover!

♥Rachel♥ Alexandra wrote: "sounds like a good book"

I'm loving it, Alexandra! :)

♥Rachel♥ Melissa wrote: "What a pretty cover!"

I do love this cover and the one for the previous book, Act Like It. The story is pretty wonderful, too! :)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fab review, Rachel! ;)

♥Rachel♥ Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Fab review, Rachel! ;)"

Thank you, Arianna!

message 7: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura OH! I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for pointing it out, Rachel. Great review! :) Happy Weekend!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa This sounds like a fun read! I might have to check this series out. Nice review, Rachel. :)

message 9: by MM (new) - added it

MM Sounds good!! Adding it to my list :)

♥Rachel♥ Laura wrote: "OH! I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for pointing it out, Rachel. Great review! :) Happy Weekend!"

I hope you like it, Laura. I think you'll like all the wonderful British humor and words. Thanks! You, too! :)

♥Rachel♥ Melissa wrote: "This sounds like a fun read! I might have to check this series out. Nice review, Rachel. :)"

I hope you do, Melissa! This series is so much fun, and thanks! :)

♥Rachel♥ MM wrote: "Sounds good!! Adding it to my list :)"

Yay! Read the first one, too! :)

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Lovely review, Rachel! This sounds like a sweet story. Happy you loved it! :) xoxo

♥Rachel♥ Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Lovely review, Rachel! This sounds like a sweet story. Happy you loved it! :) xoxo"

It was lovely, Maida! Thanks! :)