Michelle's Reviews > On the Banks of Plum Creek

On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder

bookshelves: 2016, family, books-for-the-kids, classics, young-adult, favorite-series, history, reviewed
Read 2 times. Last read December 14, 2016.

Pa Ingalls, you are a starry-eyed optimist. Always looking on the bright side. Grasshoppers destroy your wheat? No problem. Holes worn through your boots? No problem. Deadly blizzards nearly kill you? Still no problem.

How Caroline Ingalls kept from choking this man to death is beyond me. And she moved AGAIN when she didn't want to. Also, a baby pops up out of nowhere with barely a mention. However, this is one of my favorite books in the series because I fell in love with the idea of living in a dugout. In fact, I would go move into one right now. That's right, I'm a prairie gal. Sue me. I was sad when they moved into the real house. Plus, this book kills me because of everyone in this series, I love Jack the most.

To this day, I am terrified of a grasshopper plague and have thought through what I would do. Burn them. Burn them with fire. Thanks, Laura. 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Banks of Plum Creek.

December 6, 2012 – Started Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
December 6, 2012 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
December 6, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012 (Other Paperback Edition)
December 6, 2012 – Shelved as: books-for-the-kids (Other Paperback Edition)
December 6, 2012 – Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
December 11, 2012 – Shelved as: favorite-series (Other Paperback Edition)
Started Reading