Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between

Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham

Dec 15, 2016

bookshelves: memoirs, own

I love Lauren Graham!

I loved her in Gilmore Girls most of all! Duh. And I also loved her in Parenthood. But Gilmore Girls takes the cake, the old and the new! Woot!

I loved hearing stories about when Lauren was a child like living on the houseboat. I would loved to have seen that in real life! She has a lot of different stories that go back and forth from now and then. It was a little confusing at times but I guess that's why it's called a book of essays!

She even writes like Lorelai Gilmore sounds. <--- If that makes sense, does to me, but I'm weird and I don't care.

Some of the most exciting things that happened in my life took place before I turned six years old. I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, which his awesome right there, but three weeks later, before I even had time to work on my tan, we moved to Japan. JAPAN. The home of my most favorite food ever: mashed peas. Well, that was probably my favorite food back then; what a waste, since I could have been eating spicy tuna rolls with extra wasabi. Damn you, Baby Lauren, and your infantile palate! Well, to be fair, you were an infant. Sorry I yelled.

For the most part I enjoyed the book. Some parts lagged a little hence my 4 star rating. I also love the book cover!

Happy Reading ♥

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talking as Fast as I Can.

December 14, 2016 – Started Reading
December 15, 2016 – Shelved
December 15, 2016 – Shelved as: memoirs
December 15, 2016 – Shelved as: own
December 15, 2016 – Finished Reading

Mark I did look a wee bit different at Lauren Graham after her very interesting part in "Bad Santa", which made me really laugh out loud.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yes, Bad Santa. Bwhahaahah! I can't even :-)

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna I love her!!! I'm so glad you reviewed this!! I've been thinking of picking it up but haven't really heard anything about it. Seems like even though everyone loves her, no one seemed to be reading the book. lol Great review Mel! Thanks once again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!!! :-)

message 4: by P (new)

P Great review, Melissa !

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Donna wrote: "I love her!!! I'm so glad you reviewed this!! I've been thinking of picking it up but haven't really heard anything about it. Seems like even though everyone loves her, no one seemed to be reading ..."

I think you will like it hon :-) It just seemed like I was sitting here read but hearing Lorelai :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin P wrote: "Great review, Melissa !"

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Wonderful review, Melissa!! She's such a great person! Hugs!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) Hugs ♥

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) She's awesome!!

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Clare A book practically written by Lorelai Gilmore? Sign me up!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yep, and she's awesome! :-)