Veronica Morfi's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

liked it

A fun and fast read!

Phoebe's life is about to change dramatically, when her moms moves them to a tiny island in Greece to live with her new husband. What Phoebe doesn't know is that the island's only Academy is a super private school for Gods' descendents. She feels like an outcast, the only normal -nothos- kid in a school filled with semi-gods. But that doesn't stop her from pursuing her dream in running and making the school's team.

Soon enough she makes new friends, new enemies and a very cute and dangerous crush.

The story is short and fast-passed. We don't get to learn that much about the characters, so they are likable but I didn't really feel connected with ony of them. Phoebe is a cool heroine who likes to win and won't even go easy on her crush.

The book was supposed to be about the academy of semi-gods, but half way through it I forgot all about them and their powers, nothing paranormali was really happening. I was expecting more action besides the running parts. But there was no big evil to fight, no training to learn how to use your powers, no nothing.

I think the next book, Goddess Boot Camp, is going to be better, (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

July 11, 2011 – Shelved