Nicki Elson's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Feather Stone

If you’re looking for a story that will transport you, this is it. From the very first chapters, my heart thundered along with Eliza’s—the foreboding in her gut to what becomes an all-out crisis. The characters are well drawn and believable with intriguing depth. I got a clear sense of Eliza’s and Sharif’s backgrounds along the way, but the story stays focused on the moment. It takes talent to achieve that, and I’m sure a LOT of hard work.

Equally impressive is the research that went into this book. I’ve followed the author’s blog, so I know she did her homework and enlisted input from experts to create an authentic world. All that research paid off. The cultural elements as well as the legal intricacies feel so real.

Forbidden has twists and turns that’ll keep your mind whirring. Just when you think you have something figured out, a surprise awaits. The romance between the two leads builds up at a satisfying pace. These are two adults in dire circumstances, not insta-lovey teenagers, and Stone keeps them true to character throughout. There are beautifully written passages along the way to drive their intense emotions home.

Readers who like suspense with a strong element of romance will love this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

December 14, 2016 – Shelved
December 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 3, 2017 – Started Reading
February 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Feather Stone Thank you for reading Forbidden and posting this wonderful review.