On My Kindle BR's Reviews > Bound to the Truth

Bound to the Truth by Lisa Brunette

42620601

bookshelves: onmykindlebr

I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Strap yourself in, hold on, and enjoy the ride because this book is going to blow you away!

There's a lot of self-discovery going on in this book: Cat is still figuring out her considerable dreamslipping skills and is trying to decide if she wants to move to San Francisco to pursue a relationship with Jacob, Grace and Mick are diving into Seattle's dating scene, and the current case leads Grace and Cat into an underground sub-culture of Seattle's social life.

While some people may be uncomfortable discussing or reading about kink, I thought it was unexpected and unique. I thoroughly enjoyed the narrative about the turns of events that took place in the underground world that Grace and Cat found themselves in; some of the dialogue and situations that the dreamslipping duo encounter are quite humorous.

All of this merely scratches the surface of the subplots going on in this book, and I have yet to really discuss the mystery aspect of the book.

Let's talk about the mystery; because this is a mystery, after all. To say it is complex is like saying that the Great Wall of China is a big wall. The clues to solve the mystery start coming together near the end, but they are so subtle that even I missed them. Yeah, you read that right; I have read dozens of mystery books, reviewed a few of them, and even my best guess was wrong. Brunette did an amazing job of ensuring that her readers will be guessing until the very end!

Bound to the Truth is a tantalizing, surprising, and mind-bending mystery with larger-than-life personalities who are outstandingly down-to-earth. I loved every quirky adventure that Grace and Cat found themselves in, and I am dying to read more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound to the Truth.

Finished Reading