☮Karen's Reviews > Everything Belongs to Us

Everything Belongs to Us by Yoojin Grace Wuertz

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley, comp-copy-from-publisher, 4000-books, read-in-2017
Recommended to ☮Karen by: Jessica Bonet, Random House

Since I don't exactly keep abreast of what happens in South Korea, this story of student protests in the 70s was interesting at first. Halfway through, however, I felt a little lost and my interest waned. The two female friends Jisun, rich girl studying life, and Namin, poor girl studying medicine, were refreshingly independent and intelligent. The two rebellious male characters did not engage me in the least. By the end, I was skipping pages and cared only what happened to Namin. Her struggle to become someone was probably very typical. I am not sure what I was supposed to glean from this story. Everyone seemed so remote and distant from each other it was hard to feel anything for them.

My thanks to Random House for a free review copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Belongs to Us.

December 13, 2016 – Shelved
December 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 13, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
January 16, 2017 – Shelved as: comp-copy-from-publisher
March 12, 2017 – Started Reading
March 23, 2017 – Shelved as: 4000-books
March 23, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017
March 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth Good review. Kinda glad I passed this one by

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen Thanks Karen - will pass on this one.

Cathrine ☯️ I'm so out of control with my current reading that I just love to see 3 star reviews!

☮Karen Thanks Beth.

Jen, Cathrine, I hear ya!

message 5: by Davida (new)

Davida Chazan Thanks for this review. I tried to read this, but for some reason, I just couldn't get into it, and after three tries, I gave up.

message 6: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Skipped this one and glad I did ! Thanks Karen !

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Next! 😉