Joi's Reviews > Thirty Days to Thirty

Thirty Days to Thirty by Courtney Psak

it was ok

This book was like a bad hallmark movie. It's corny, it's cheesy, it's got it's perfect ending with a perfect little ribbon and bow on it. Everything works out, everything is closed, the guy gets the girl, blah blah blah. I thought the concept of this book would be fun. 29 and 11 months year old girl loses her life- job, boyfriend, everything. She moves home and finds a list of '30 things to do before I turn 30'. I mean, this book was certainly cute. It was fluff at fluffs most hardcore moment- which is still a princess sitting on a marshmallow cloud whose biggest problem is which diamond ring to buy next. Glad I got this for free for my e-reader.

I thought this would be about the trials and tribulations of her life, drama ensuing. Back and forth between life lessons and the hardship of being a millennial. What I got was 31 chapters of her finishing her list. Spoilers that I'm not hiding because you can tell it's going to happen anyway- really girl? You've been cheated on and within 1 MONTH you're now engaged?! C'mon girl. You're friend seemed pretty real and down to earth- but NEVER thought rushing into something might be a bad idea? I'm all for a rebound relationships ending up working- but this book just proves all a girl needs in her life is a boyfriend. Who cares about a career or finding yourself? You can find yourself by getting the guy! Plus the "life lessons" she learned were literally spelled out. No reading between the lines, I'm pretty sure she says "and that's when I realized what I needed to do with the rest of my life". A-Ha Moment.

Everything was a little too perfect for this to even remotely seem real.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirty Days to Thirty.

December 12, 2016 – Started Reading