Keela's Reviews > The 'True Love' Solution

The 'True Love' Solution by Julie Bozza

F 50x66

A Free copy was provided for an honest review through the M/M Romance Group.

"He didn't have a Happily Ever After of his own yet. Didn't mean he wasn't happy"

I really love the dynamic between Jules, his father Archie and his best friend Jem. They all live together and are incredibly supportive of one another. Archie is The Parent everyone wants. He keeps his son grounded while loving him completely and utterly. Jem is a salty little thing but I adore her.

Throughout the book, Jules is fixated on finding his Happily Ever After just like Mike and Dexter from The True Love Solution. Seeing their relationship as the epitome of HEA he collects all things from their creator Ewan Byge. He buys a typed manuscript with a handwritten word. Then buys a typewriter that was supposedly Ewan Byges. Turns out to be a fraud.

Through the process of the fraud investigation he meets Ewan Byge. The response of Jules is so genuine I had to read through my fingers from the second-hand embarrassment! And to his utter delight he becomes Ewan's accountant.

He also meets Constable Leonard who is working the fraud case and the two quickly develop a friendship. Leonard is kind and steady. He is very dependable. I fell a little in love with him.

There is a slight sprinkling of a potential love triangle, which is not my trope at all, However! The author presents it in such a way that it is endearing rather than angsty. Which I really appreciated because you can't tell which way it's going to go at first.

The end was very neatly wrapped in a bow. A rather hopeful note with a wonderful ending line. "It's only the beginning-and as beginnings go, I think it's brilliant."

Favorite quote-"Oh...It's Dexter and Mike's Happily Ever After- and it's the Once Upon a Time of our story."

Overall thoughts- It was solidly adorable. I will definitely be reading from Julie Bozza again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 'True Love' Solution.

December 9, 2016 – Started Reading