Melissa Volker's Reviews > The Pirate's Bride

The Pirate's Bride by Cathy Skendrovich

Dec 12, 2016

** spoiler alert ** Before I started The Pirate's Bride, I read an interview that quoted the author being inspired by the Disney ride, Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't read a lot of this type of romance, but once I started I felt like I was in Disneyland, down in that tunnel on that boat-a-coaster, with all the pirates and their rum, as the author has captured that exact make believe atmosphere. She has waved a wand, transforming the grim realities of piracy into a fairytale, swashbuckling, romantic, escapist adventure. I like the feisty, tough girl pirate character Sophie, and how she stands up to her reluctant, and sometimes, less likable husband pirate, Andre. The love scenes are more on the PG to R side of things than I usually read, but if that is what you expect from a romance novel, you will not be disappointed. The author has done a good job capturing the essence of the Caribbean, New Orleans and life on board ships, and has added that magical element that makes for roller coaster fiction. A nice, easy to read, happy ever after on the high seas. (less)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirate's Bride.

November 30, 2016 – Started Reading