Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Night Walker

Night Walker by Lisa Kessler

Posted on K-Books

After reading Lisa's short story Across the Veil a while ago when she told me about Night Walker I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and start reading it. I knew it was going to be amazing because she is such a great author and in no way was I disappointed. I loved everything about it. It's definitely my kind of book and I honestly can't say a bad thing about it.

I was actually quite surprised that I liked it as much as I did as it is written in the third person. Usually when reading books wrote in the third person I can't get into them as much as I can with first person narratives. I sometimes feel that it's not as personal and you can't get into the story as much. I am pleased to say this was not the case with Night Walker at all. I was so drawn into the story straight away.

Calisto has lived as a Night Walker for centuries waiting until his one true love gets reborn.
When he meets Kate he instantly knows his love has come back and it overjoyed at the thought of them being together once more. But enemies that have stalked him for centuries are sworn to keep them apart. Will the succeed or will love conquer all?

I love Calisto, I instantly fell in love with him and so many bad things had happened to him I just wanted to jump right into the book and hug him and tell him everything would work out. I had so much heartache for him and all I wanted was for him and Kate to get together so everything would work out for them. At time I wanted to break down into tears for him, I was so heartbroken for him. This usualy never happens with me. I cry and get emotional at books all the time but usually it's for the female character not the male character and I was really surprised at how much I felt throughout the book but not to sympathise with the female but with the male.
I loved seeing most of the story through him. You got to see his feelings and you felt them along with him. I loved how in the book we got flashbacks and got to see him and Tala. When Tala was killed my heart broke for him and more than anything I needed things to work out between him and Kate. I felt everything through him, his heart break over Tala's death, his hope for his and Kate's love and his fear that she would be taken away from him again.

I loved everything about this book, it's such an amazing love story and I could never say a bad word about it.
Lisa has proven herself as an amazing author once again and I can't wait to read the rest of this series. She is one of my favourite authors and I will read anything she writes. I don't even need to know what the story is about as long as it says Lisa Kessler on it I will always read it.

Congratulations to Lisa on release day! That's right the book is out today, so what are you waiting for? Go buy it! Go download it on Kindle or Nook or get the paperback but this is not a book you want to miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Walker.

July 10, 2011 – Shelved
August 1, 2011 – Started Reading
August 2, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Melanie hope you enjoy it :) calisto is hot!

Kayleigh {K-Books} i can't wait

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kessler Wow thank you so much Kayleigh!!!! :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!!! And I hated hurting him, one scene made me cry writing it... LOL

Thanks for the review!!!

Lisa :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} =)
I did love it
which scene?
(view spoiler)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Beautiful review Kay! I am so glad you enjoyed this book. I too don't care as much for books written in 3rd person because of the exact same reason. It is good to know this book wasn't like that.

Kayleigh {K-Books} yea i was reli surprised by that but i loved every moment of it =)

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kessler Kayleigh you are exactly right!!! I cried... ugh! LOL (Your spoiler was right)

Lisa :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} I was almost in tears at that part lol

Melanie awww me too :( I couldnt believe it was happening but im glad it was told from his pov (view spoiler)

Kayleigh {K-Books} I know I think that's what made me love him more.
If it was from her POV i'd have been heartbroken that he could be so mean lol

message 11: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kessler I don't know how to do the hide spoiler-y thing, so I won't add anything, but ugh it was hard to write. It was the last thing he ever wanted to say or do... Ever! LOL

Kayleigh {K-Books} lol
Yea i got that lol

I can't wait for the next book =D

Melanie I know me too :) especially after the bit at the end, i want to know whats going to happen now ! lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} I know

Come on Lisa, ur killing us here =P

message 15: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kessler Hee! Well I will say that if you remember to the flashbacks, Calisto's maker, the Old One, shifted into an eagle... *hint*

Also, Calisto's accidental progeny, Lukas, is our hero in Night Demon! :)

How's that for insider info? LOL

Kayleigh {K-Books} =O
OMG
you r making me so much more impatient. So excited =D

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko You all are making me salivate! I really want to read this book!!! Has it been released yet? I can't remember if you said it was an ARC.

Kayleigh {K-Books} It came out yesterday Jojo =)