Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > The Stolen Bride

The Stolen Bride by Abby Green

This was a very engrossing book. I got sucked in from page one with the intricate descriptions of Aneesa in her Indian wedding finery. And when Aneesa and Sebastian meet face to face. Wow! The chemistry between Aneesa and Sebastian is electric, like a taut band that will always draw them back to each other. Sebastian frustrated me at times, but in light of his very tragic family history, it makes sense. When he wasn't frustrating, I wanted to eat him up. He really was a sexy hero. There is something about heroes named Sebastian for this reader. We usually get along very well. I loved that Aneesa stayed genuine with him and true to herself. She was an adorable, very lovable woman that I wanted to hug. I liked how she acknowledged her immaturity and shallowness prior to the bombshell that changes her for the better when this book begins. She shows true maturity and emotional integrity as a woman.

It goes without saying how happy I am to read a Harlequin Presents with a heroine of color. I wish that instead of referring to Aneesa as olive-skinned, she would have just came out and call her brown-skinned. Even with that small issue, I was thrilled to bits with the tidbits about Aneesa's Indian heritage and the glimpses into her family life and culture.

I am loving this Notorious Wolfes series. Each book peels back the many layers into the fascinating emotional dynamics in this troubled family. Each Wolfe is distinct in my mind. I already adore Jacob. I think I will just float away like a happy cloud when I finally get to his book.

Abby Green hasn't disappointed me yet. This is another emotional, intense, very good romance by her that has all that I like about Harlequin Presents, but added depths that make me enjoy every minute of reading the book.

Definite recommend from this reader.

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stolen Bride.

07/10/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. Wonderful review. Adding to my TBR shelf. :)

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Great review!

message 4: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Great review Dr D!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Thanks, Scully! How are you doing?

message 6: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully I am doing better, thanks :-)

message 8: by Kamakshi (new)

Kamakshi Jolly Great review, truely engrossing story