Sue's Reviews > The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit by Elly Griffiths

3642045

bookshelves: mystery, britain, library-book, read-2017

Always nice to revisit the world of Elly Griffiths, with another story set in Kings Lynn, Norfolk with Ruth Galloway and all the other familiar characters I've come to know over the course of this series. This episode involves street people, bones found in an underground cavern, unexplained killings, and mysterious disappearances. Once again there is the mix of police procedural, archaeology and the many personalities surrounding Ruth in the college town where old and ancient buildings once again serve up old bones.

In this episode there is another very modern issue, that of the people sleeping rough, the street people or homeless who are sometimes victims of crime for no reason. Here they become the center of the question. Are they victims, perpetrators, what? What is happening in the old chalk pits?

Once again Elly Griffiths delivers a great story on the way to answering the many questions -- and also moving Ruth, Nelson, and all of her regular characters along in their lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chalk Pit.

December 11, 2016 – Shelved
December 11, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 11, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery
December 11, 2016 – Shelved as: britain
August 13, 2017 – Started Reading
August 14, 2017 –
page 384
100.0% "Always nice to revisit the world of Elly Griffiths, with another story set in Kings Lynn, Norfolk with Ruth Galloway and all the other familiar characters I've come to know over the course of this series. This episode involves street people, bones found in an underground cavern, unexplained killings, and mysterious disappearances."
August 15, 2017 – Finished Reading
August 24, 2017 – Shelved as: library-book
August 24, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Great review, Sue! I want to start this series someday soon! :)

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Jaline wrote: "Great review, Sue! I want to start this series someday soon! :)"

I do recommend it, Jaline. This one is one of my current favorites.