Kodie Mackay's Reviews > Worth the Wait

Worth the Wait by A.J. Pine

bookshelves: netgalley-arcs

This is just what I needed after the last few weeks I've had.

Going in to this I knew I was intrigued by the blurb. Other than reading that I had no clue what I was in for.

It takes a lot in a story to keep me interested when there isn't a lot of the horizontal mambo going on. I love sex in a book, infact its something I insist on having in the books I read. So colour me purple when I realised that I wasn't getting a lot of the hot and Nasty from this.

BUT....

Even better, Is that I didn't miss it.

Que shocked gasp...

I know ...me pervy penny here was rather content without it. I will say though there is some action in the form phone sex which was pretty up there in the wet panty hot scale. Your also left very satisfied by the end which just makes the book even better. (And for the pervy penny's like me... your panties wetter (; ).

I would say this is a slow budding romance all things considered as the timeline is over 3-4 months. However nothing feels dragged out. The timeline skips through the months so you don't get bored but not so obviously that you feel you missed out either. The story is very seamless. The plot was super cute, very relatable and realistic. The characters are a total joy to read and although there's a few little angsty moments most of the story is upbeat flirty, sexy and fun to read. Great character growth throughout and for once other than the "villain" of the book, I really enjoyed every character.

Grace was a great heroine to read. She's very realistic, relatable, charismatic, sassy and strong. She had this vulnerability about her that made her a pleasure to read because she wasn't perfect. She owned her mistakes and made effort to improve her life in the best way she could. Her character growth was a pleasure to read.

Jeremy ... I could drink him up. He was delicious in the best possible way. From the get go with his dramatic antics over a lecture class I knew I was going to love him. His infectious cheeky grin had me grinning at my kindle like a crazy women! ( ok maybe I am but still.) he's definitely a cheeky one but also such a freaking sweetheart and definitely boyfriend material. After having his heart broken is such a horrible way he's been dead set against anything other than a one night stands until he meets grace.

As fate would have it even though their first encounter didn't go the way he wanted he'd definitely get another chance and boy did he go for the home run with that.

If you love reading sweet romantic stories with little angst and lots of feel good feels you'll love this. It's got everything and more you want in a happy romance story and it's written so well you almost feel it's real.

It got me out of a book slump and gave me happy feels. I laughed, got angry, gasped in shock and smiled like a creepy crazy women while reading this. Oh an maybe got a little hot to!(;

I'd definitely recommend this book to others. I'd also read this again.

I kindly received this ARC from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worth the Wait.

December 11, 2016 – Started Reading
December 11, 2016 – Shelved
December 11, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley-arcs
December 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Awesome review Kodie! Glad you are out of the slump! = ))

Kodie Mackay SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Awesome review Kodie! Glad you are out of the slump! = ))"

Thanks so much sue!:) xo