Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘'s Reviews > Half of a Yellow Sun

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

bookshelves: 2016-reads, historical, literary-fiction, adult-fiction
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Emer

4.5 stars for showing me how uneducated I was (am). Gonna cry now, thank you. Also, men are trash and that is all.

TW - graphic violence, graphic rape, war

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half of a Yellow Sun.

December 10, 2016 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
December 11, 2016 – Started Reading
December 11, 2016 – Shelved
December 21, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Merna (new) - added it

Merna This looks very interesting. How are you finding it?

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ So far I'm really liking it, even more because I know nearly nothing about this war and it's so interesting!

Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway) So happy you loved it :))

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Yes!! It's really a great book imo :)

Emer Whoop!! Delighted you enjoyed it Anna... Oh this book gave me so many feels and you are right, educated me too. I only knew very little about Biafra before I started this book and was appalled at the horrors that occurred with how aid couldn't get through to the people in dire need. I will never forget this book primarily because of (view spoiler)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Emer (ALittleHaze) wrote: "Whoop!! Delighted you enjoyed it Anna... Oh this book gave me so many feels and you are right, educated me too. I only knew very little about Biafra before I started this book and was appalled at t..."

Same, about everything. (view spoiler)

I'm reading Homegoing right now and LOVING IT. It's different because we don't follow the same set of characters along the way (but people from the same family through generations) but HOLY SHIT.

message 7: by Emer (last edited Dec 21, 2016 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emer Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "Emer (ALittleHaze) wrote: "Whoop!! Delighted you enjoyed it Anna... Oh this book gave me so many feels and you are right, educated me too. I only knew very little about Biafra before I started this..."

I have Homegoing on my list of books to read. Delighted to hear that it's going so well for you. It sounds fascinating.

(view spoiler)

Anne Ahhhhhhhh you read it! YAAAAAAAY. I'm glad you liked it, Anna :)) I'm going to get in my corner and resume my tears from where I left them months ago... Two words. Ugwu. Kainene.