Jodie's Reviews > Nuts

Nuts by Alice Clayton

liked it
bookshelves: genre-adult, genre-contemporary, genre-romance

There a few topics I'm not interested in when it comes to books - Hollywood and celebrities is the main one. But luckily a few chapters in it reverted to a "small town" setting which suits me much better!

This novel had a lovely amount of humour. I chuckled from time to time.

Over the next few days, every knowing glance and furtive look reminded me how much small towns loved to gossip. My mother delighted me each day by telling me what she’d heard. I’d pushed Leo behind a snap pea display at the farmers’ market and wrestled him to the ground. I’d offered him my bagel repeatedly, refusing to take no for an answer. I’d been seen out behind the market, helping him load up his vegetables and been caught holding his cucumber. That was my favorite.

All in all, this was a cute, light and fluffy read. It didn't have a lot of depth and I skimmed the sex scenes, but it was a cute read. The writing was good, and while this will drift into the pile of former romances I've read and subsequently forgotten, it was still an enjoyable read. I would read the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nuts.

December 11, 2016 – Shelved