Bernard's Reviews > Losing Lanterns: A Qalidar Novella

Losing Lanterns by Christina Lea

Huh? What just happened?

Well the end is here. That is, I finished the book. But that's also an apt summary of the story itself. But getting there was hard, mind-warping work. I think the key takeaway for me is the clever science fiction idea that spells out what happens to a time traveler when other time travelers alter the timeline.

I admit the early parts of this story are confusing. Fantasy? Science fiction? Betrayal and drama and fast action combine to form a story centered around the quest of Zira, our heroine that sometimes seemed just as confused as the reader! And what will she do at the end once the plot machinations of the antagonists become clear? How about something drastic and at the same time potentially catastrophic!

Kudos from me to the author for spinning a tale that doesn't require knowing the source material to work, but at the same time likely would be of considerable aid to the reader. The writing itself demonstrated literary cleverness, as more than a few times I paused in the reading, impressed with the word choice and sentence construction.

If you are looking for a science fiction story that leaves you wondering what is going on in the world until literally the last pages, then throws out an even more unexpected conclusion, then this is the story for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lanterns.

December 10, 2016 – Started Reading
December 10, 2016 – Shelved
May 14, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by David (new)

David Congrats on being the first review!

Bernard Woo hoo! I'll be even more famous when my review auto-cross posts to Amazon (because I read and reviewed it via Kindle app)!