Michael Britt's Reviews > Fated

Fated by Benedict Jacka

did not like it

Actual rating: 1.5 stars

This has a decent magic system and meh characters and an even more mega-meh plot (not sure if that's a real phrase, but I'm using it).

Due to Verus being able to see into almost every possible outcome to almost every possible future, to an extent, there just wasn't any tension to be given to the plot. I actually gained some of Verus' powers and was able to divine the future. I saw that no matter the outcome, I was just going to not care. Sadly, I couldn't connect with the characters and that was probably the thing that ruined my enjoyment most of all. I did give it an extra .5 stars because I really liked the villains, especially Cinder. I might give book 2 a shot but it's highly unlikely at this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

December 9, 2016 – Shelved
December 9, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 21, 2017 – Started Reading
August 21, 2017 –
page 30
10.17% ""I even heard of one guy in Chicago who advertises in the phone book under 'Wizard'. Though that's probably just an urban legend."

Nice nod to Dresden Files! This is one of the audiobooks I've got planned for the week 😁"
August 21, 2017 –
page 135
August 22, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by C.T. (new)

C.T. Phipps "No matter the outcome, I was not going to care." Excellent burn, friend.

Michael Britt Hahaha thanks! I thought it was pretty clever, as I'm not clever all that often 😂