Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > The Dead Come Calling

The Dead Come Calling by C.C. Wood

bookshelves: arc, paranormal, romance

I must say, I'm really enjoying this series!!

I feel more comfortable labeling this book as a Paranormal Romance. At least more than doing so for the first one. Although the courtship was excessively mild IMO (Zoe was too awkward and prudish for my taste, especially given that she was 27 years old and no virgin), but at least it did exist and it was nice to see the development of Zoe and Mal's feelings despite the lack of passion. Maybe the next book will explore more of the actual relationship and Zoe will stop putting Mal off. Poor guy :(

There was a dark element to this story because the demon that was introduced in the first book made his presence known and felt in this one. Through that experience, we learn about mediums, psychics, witches and necromancers and the powers associated with each. We also witness how they work together to defeat evil. I'm hoping to learn more of this as the series progresses.

The writing, once again, was on point, which made it hard to put this book down. It was eerie, scary and spine-tingling fun. I really loved the camaraderie between the characters. The bond has only grown stronger between Mal, Zoe, Stony and Blaine and I'm excited for more adventures with The Wraith Files team.

Note: I'd really appreciate getting something from Mal's POV. He's a phenomenal character and I think he deserves his own shot in the spotlight.

Release Date: December 12, 2016
Genre: Paranormal Romance
POV: Heroine - 1st person
Steam: 0

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Come Calling.

Started Reading
December 9, 2016 – Shelved
December 9, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
December 9, 2016 – Shelved as: paranormal
December 9, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
December 9, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, hon! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Awesome review, hon! xx"

Thanks babes! xo

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Fab review, Natalie! :) xx

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Lovely review, Natalie!

Natalie The Biblioholic Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Fab review, Natalie! :) xx"

Thank you Nissa! :D xo

Natalie The Biblioholic Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ wrote: "Lovely review, Natalie!"

Thanks sweets! xo

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review, hon!! xx

Natalie The Biblioholic Jenny wrote: "Great review, hon!! xx"

Thanks luv! :D xo

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Excellent review Natalie! = )xx

Natalie The Biblioholic SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Excellent review Natalie! = )xx"

Thanks so much sweetie! :D xo

message 11: by Bibi (new)

Bibi Eerie, scary, spine-tingling? Natalie! You're so much braver than I am. Great review darling!

Natalie The Biblioholic Bibi wrote: "Eerie, scary, spine-tingling? Natalie! You're so much braver than I am. Great review darling!"

Thanks Bibi! It was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed it! xo