Andrea Norton's Reviews > Compete

Compete by Vera Nazarian

Just as great as Qualify!

When I first found Qualify, I was intrigued, and it didn't disappoint. Anyone reading a series knows that the second book in any series has a lot to live up to - it is either good or bad, sometimes great and often, a letdown.

Compete is by far a letdown. It is great, wonderful, exquisite. As long as Qualify, Compete pulls the reader in from the very beginning.

The atmosphere is a bit different as we're now in space, on our way to Atlantis. Gwen finds herself in some interesting predicaments, and some are downright scary. We learn more about Atlantis, the Atlanteans, some of our favorite characters, and the asteroid itself.

Gwen noticeably changes as Compete continues. She still keeps some of her spunk, but she grows and matures. She gets stronger, smarter and faster.

Like Qualify, a lot happens in Compete that will leave you with questions. Some things are answered, but by the end of the book, more questions remain. This can be good or bad, but in the case of Compete, I believe it is a good thing.

This truly is a sparkling gem of a series, one that will not be forgotten. I can't wait to read Win and see where Gwen's journey goes from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Compete.

December 8, 2016 – Shelved
December 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 9, 2016 – Started Reading
December 9, 2016 –
1.0% "Qualify was fantastic! Have to start Compete immediately!"
December 10, 2016 –
9.0% "Snuggling up with my favorite pillow (my husband), enjoying the snow, and getting lost in Compete"
December 10, 2016 –
15.0% "It amazes me how far Gwen has come.. and how much I like Aeson."
December 10, 2016 –
22.0% "So, Compete is just as good as Qualify. I am just so incredibly impressed by this series"
December 11, 2016 –
43.0% "I have some serious questions about this asteroid."
December 11, 2016 –
December 13, 2016 –
83.0% "Finishing Compete today :) Then the wait begins for Win"
December 13, 2016 –