Alex ♈'s Reviews > Hooked

Hooked by Brenda Rothert

liked it
bookshelves: safe, unlikable-hero

It was ok. Sexy, sassy and sweet (toward the end) read.
I don’t want to be a party pooper, but (view spoiler)

I would have rated the book higher if the hero wouldn’t had been so a*sholish at the beginning. My vengeful heart didn’t melt even after he miraculously transformed into the nice guy. The heroine was nice, I liked her sass and how hard-working she was.

Safety (view spoiler)
Sad and touching storyline about H’s (view spoiler) brother.
Cute epilogue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hooked.

Started Reading
December 8, 2016 – Shelved
December 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by Linh (new) - added it

Linh Great review Alex! This hero is probably someone I wouldn't like :(

Alex ♈ Linh wrote: "Great review Alex! This hero is probably someone I wouldn't like :("

Thanks Linh! Hmm, hard to say. He was actually ok from the mid till the end, but a real brat at the beginning. And I don't forget easy *lol*

message 3: by Susani (last edited Dec 08, 2016 09:09AM) (new) - added it

Susani Great review! That scene would have ruined the book for me (view spoiler). Thanks for the info!

Alex ♈ Susani wrote: "Great review! That scene would have ruined the book for me [spoilers removed]. Thanks for the info!"

Thanks Susani. Yeah, that scene was not necessary IMO. It made me dislike the hero till the end. It was a pity since he was nice guy afterwards, but I couldn't stop thinking about this scene...

GimmeAllTheWerdssss Ugh...that OW scene would have ruined the H for me. I don't know why authors feel the need to put a scene like that into a book -- esp the detail about the 4 used condoms...ewwwww!!

Alex ♈ ReadingisMyEscape wrote: "Ugh...that OW scene would have ruined the H for me. I don't know why authors feel the need to put a scene like that into a book -- esp the detail about the 4 used condoms...ewwwww!!"

Well, that were my thoughts too... It would have been a much nicer book without this scene.

message 7: by Winter (new)

Winter Thanks for your spoilers. Just love them.

Alex ♈ Winter wrote: "Thanks for your spoilers. Just love them."

YW, Winter! Glad I could help ☺

Rê Great review, Alex!

Alex ♈ Rê wrote: "Great review, Alex!"

Thank you, Re! :-)

message 11: by Ira (new)

Ira Nice review Alex, it does sounds pretty average! Doesn't it?:)

Alex ♈ Ira wrote: "Nice review Alex, it does sounds pretty average! Doesn't it?:)"

Thank you, Ira! I guess it wasn't a read I never forget, coz I actually forgot what it was about. Good I wrote a review, so I can refresh my memory :-)

Rejane I started this and I am not amused. I mean, it’s “cute” but nothing that is making me wanna keeping going. I started on Friday and stopped so many times.
Btw: what movie do you mean? MAID IN MANHATTAN?

Alex ♈ Rejane wrote: "I started this and I am not amused. I mean, it’s “cute” but nothing that is making me wanna keeping going. I started on Friday and stopped so many times.
Btw: what movie do you mean? MAID IN MANH..."

LOL, Rejane. It was definitely not the best read I had.
Yep, I mean Maid in Manhattan movie.

Rejane I confess I like all of JLO movies. 🤗🤗
And I liked this one. At least there wasn’t the kind of ott dramatic like in books. At the movie she was pretty aware of consequences. Lol
And not the same old same old “sworn off men”, “protecting my heart “, “wall around the heart “ kind of bull. 😜😜