Carrie's Reviews > Cowboy Pride

Cowboy Pride by Anne McAllister

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley

Jed McCall has been doing his best to raise his nephew after some unfortunate circumstances brought the child into Jed's life. Unfortunately Jed has to keep proving to the authorities that he is the best choice for guardian for Tuck and that the pair are doing well together. When it's suggested that Tuck take art lessons Jed finds Brenna Jamison brought back into his life and after their past he's not too happy about it.

Tuck loves being around Brenna and finds a way to make sure his stubborn uncle spends time with her as well. The last thing Jed expected was for Tuck to approach him with the idea that Brenna needs a husband and Jed should be the man for the job in which the arrangement would benefit all three of them immensely.

Cowboy Pride is the fifth book of the Code of the West series but each book features a different couple and plot so this is one that is fine to read as a standalone novel. The plot features one stubborn cowboy meeting up with the one that got away from him in the past with a little push from the child in his life to make this couple a pair again.

While I enjoyed reading this one and the cowboy/ranch setting involved and absolutely loved little Tuck pushing his stubborn uncle I will say that Jed's stubborness became somewhat of a turn off at some point too. Just one of those please get to the romantic parts a little sooner to me moments so that brought my rating down a bit for this one. Otherwise it's an interesting set up between the pair and a nice read with the couple having a history together.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Pride.

December 7, 2016 – Shelved