Michelle Johnson's Reviews > It Ends with Us

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

Since the release of this book, I've seen it appear countless times on my feed with raving reviews, so naturally I had to investigate and see what it was about this book that made everyone literally lose their shit.

Diving into this book, I already knew that it involved abuse, and knew that for many it was a really sensitive subject. For me, I tend to be attracted to all the dark books that leave you feeling sick to the stomach, so I wasn't afraid to jump right in.

Based on the books I've read in the past that are extremely and sometimes brutally graphic, this one I found to be quite tame. That however, by no means helped me to brace for the impact this particular story would have on my heart. Lily's story dug its claws into me so deep because it was so real.

This is the type of story that could happen to anyone. Me. You. A friend. A friend of a friend.

Hoover, broke down the emotions and really showed the WHY behind victims of abuse.
Why do they stay? Why can't they just leave? Why do they put up with it?

The emotional torment Lily went through is so real, it was easy for me to relate and understand not only her perspective, but also Ryle's and Atals'.

The ending was something that I wasn't expecting but I'm glad it went down that way. Relieved, actually.

Loved this story and all the feels that came with it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Ends with Us.

December 7, 2016 – Started Reading