Kari's Reviews > I Want Superpowers

I Want Superpowers by Steven Bereznai

F 50x66

I Want Superpowers was AMAZING. I have read quite a few dystopian novels, and this one just became one of my favorites. I was hooked on this book from the very first chapter, talking about a Testing Day, I was imagining a Hunger Games/Divergent vibe, but what I got instead was a fantastical story that in spite of obstacles and challenges, it screamed hope. Yes, it had the bones of a typical dystopian (corrupt government, terrible society), but this is one of the most original books I have read. The writing style of Bereznai was breathtakingly beautiful with the way the story just flowed so effortlessly perfect. I really loved Caitlin as a character, and I really appreciated the writing of her because we could really feel all of her emotions. Also, she wasn't a perfect character. Caitlin suffered, lost friends and family due to differences of opinion, she struggled to decide what was right and wrong, and all of these things make her so relatable to everyone. Every can sympathize with her at one point or another. My only critique is why is there not currently a sequel I can get my hands on right now?! I read this book in about a day, because it is one of those books with so much action that you simply cannot put it down. I highly, highly recommend this book to everyone!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Want Superpowers.

December 6, 2016 – Started Reading