Sofia The Great's Reviews > Just Juliet

5420503

liked it
bookshelves: 2016, lgbt

3 1/2 Platypires for Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan

“I’m going to marry him one day,” Scott decided. “I don’t care if it’s legal or not, we’re going to get dressed up and say vows and kiss in front of everyone and it’s going to be great. We’ll get officiated by a flying spaghetti monster if we have to.” “Flying spaghetti monster?” I asked, wondering if he’d fallen and hit his head at some point in his drunken stupor. Scott nodded earnestly. “Pastaferin…Pastafarin…Pastafarianism! It’s a real thing. Look it up.”

I immediately fell in major like with this book. I was really digging the characters because they came across as people I knew in real life. I actually even accused a friend of being the author but that did not pan out. LOL.
I thought the author did a good job writing a character discovering her bisexuality and finding her place in the world. I thought it was neat that the characters were diverse and they weren't just tokens.
The problem I had with the story was the last 20% of the novel. I felt it just dragged and the story could have been wrapped up a lot earlier.
Overall I thought this was a good story and would recommend for others to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Juliet.

December 6, 2016 – Started Reading