Lydia's Reviews > River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged with Hope

River of Time by Naomi Judd

The social stigma of panic disorder may be even worse than the social stigma of depression, and Naomi Judd was brave to tell about her experience with both in this book. Her upbringing and background would make a great country song, except it would be too sad to be believable. So many people admire her, and I'm glad that she has been open about her struggles both past and present. No one, not even a celebrity, has a life free of hardship and struggle.

However, unlike most people, Naomi has the time and resources to get the very best mental health treatment available. Sadly, even under the best care, people die from depression every day, but I think if more people had access to mental health care, many lives could be saved.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River of Time.

Quotes Lydia Liked

Naomi Judd
“Radical acceptance is to know that painful things are still going to happen, but how we respond makes a difference. We don’t have to condone our current reality, but we have to accept it for what it is instead of staying stuck, wishing it were different.”
Naomi Judd, River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged with Hope

December 6, 2016 – Shelved